this fucking never fails to make me laugh
THIS IS A GAME I MADE! IT IS EXACTLY WHAT IT SOUNDS LIKE
it is very messy and sloppy because i made it very very quickly and also this is my first time doing something like this
it was strongly influenced by porpentine's incredible work in the same medium. THANK YOU PORPENTINE
please be aware it touches on abuse, suicide, and misgendering
i am very proud of it
okay that’s all
This is honestly possibly my favourite piece of media and I’ve played through it 3 times and I sobbed every single time, it’s so good, please take a look, it’s important
oh my god oH my god OH MY GOD fuckin christ oh my god masculinity is so fragile oh my god
"wow i like that sweater you’re knitting" "IT’S NOT A SWEATER IT’S A BRO COZY CAN’T YOU SEE I’M A MAN??"
WHY YOU SHOULD GO WATCH WADJDA RIGHT NOW IMMIDIETLY
- takes place in saudi arabia
- all characters muslim
- really, really well written. it’s essentially a slice-of-life comedy about a 10-year-old-girl trying to save up enough money to buy a bike, and the roadblocks she hits while doing so.
- all the characters, most of which are women, are fleshed-out, enjoyable, and given their own seperate character arc. every single arc just hits it right on the head. it’s basically a cast of well-written, well-acted muslim characters.
- first saudi arabian feature film to be directed by a woman
- it’s funny. like, really fucking funny.
- oh my god.
- go watch wadjda.
- here i even have a link you can watch it right now
- there is literally no reason to watch this perfect fucking film right now
- if you like well written comedies with a mostly-female, all-muslim, all person-of-color cast, just watch this ok
- i’M NOT K IDDING SOMEONE WATCH WADJDA SO THEY CAN TALK ABOUT IT WITH ME
me: *waves at a dog being walked*
dog’s owner: *waves at me*